Help with different English accents

Help with different English accents

by T W -
Number of replies: 3

Hey, 

I have a slightly odd question to ask all of you. I'm an aspiring dialect coach and teach a variety of accents to actors mainly for stage productions. I'm currently trying to collect accent samples of speakers of English as a second language (as well as native speakers who speak with regional dialects) for my project and was wondering if you might be able to help me out with this. If anyone's interested, all I'd like you to do is read a short page in English, and then spend a few minutes telling me a bit about yourself in your natural accent. Let me know if you're willing to help me out with this! Your help would be greatly appreciated! smile

Tom

(Edited by Mary Cooch - to remove email address and clarify title- original submission Sunday, 23 August 2015, 10:27 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to T W

Re: Help with different English accents

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Tom. I have moved your post into the Lounge, as it's more suited to the social environment here. However, I'm slightly puzzled about why you are posting on a Moodle forum (even though of course we are helpful and have a variety  of accents smile ) Do you use Moodle?

In reply to T W

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers
A little trivia here. One name comes to my mind, Hugh Laurie. He spoke with a convincing American accent in the audition tape that he sent to the producers of "House". They said that this "American" actor was the man they'd ere looking for to play the main character of the TV series.
In reply to T W

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Tom,

If you haven't already, why not post your question/invitation on the ESL/EFL group forums on LinkedIn? There are dozens of groups with thousands of subscribers and a lot of non-native speaker English teachers and linguistics post-grads there.

I hope this helps! smile