Quiz setup

Quiz setup

by Ade Oduye -
Number of replies: 5

I need urgent help regarding adding quizzes to my moodle installation which will be accessible by student accounts.

The issue I'm facing is that I have successfully added a few hundred questions into the question bank. From the homepage, I am able to add a quiz activity with questions added from the bank but those standalone quiz activities are not visible to none admin logged in accounts.

I tried creating a course with a single activity format and quiz for the type of activity. The idea was to add a quiz to it so logged on users can access the course+quiz. The problem here is that there is no settings area available to add the quiz to the course.

Thirdly, I created a new course with a topics format. Once saved I found I can add a quiz to each topic. The problem with this one is when I attempt to add questions from the bank, none of thequestion bank categories I select return any questions

I would appreciate any assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ade Oduye

Re: Quiz setup

by Revathi V -
Under which course question bank did you update the questions????

may be the  new course you have added cannot access the questions added in question bank of some other course category.
In reply to Revathi V

by Ade Oduye -

Thank you for responding.

My couple of hundred questions are in 3 different categories under the <b>front page</b> category.

I uploaded images showing the question bank categories and the second image shows the categories when I tried to import the questions into a course.

Question bank categories (above).

In reply to Ade Oduye

by Mark Hardwick -

When you file your questions in a quiz, course or category you can only access them if you're in that quiz, course or category.  

I would recommend putting all your questions in "System" and building your categories from there.  Then you can access them from any quiz or course you want to.  I never put a question in quiz, course or category.  Maybe there's a reason why someone would but I don't know what that would be.

You have to be in a course to get to the question bank.  Then file your questions under "System" - "Top" and organize your question from there.  Go to Admin under "Question bank" then to "Categories" to build your categories.

In reply to Mark Hardwick

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Regular teachers can't add questions to the "System" so although it's OK for you as admin to put them there, as a teacher without any extra permissions, you have to put them in a category in your own course.

In reply to Ade Oduye

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

just export the question from the front page category

then import them to ur particular course category, in ur case the Miscellaneous cat

note that even if u keep the names of categories same they still will be different,

currently ur course ssce english falls under the Miscellaneous cat not the frontpage cat, so it will not be able to access the front page cat questions...