Improvement to Recent Activity

Improvement to Recent Activity

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Another moan from students (and teachers):

They can be working through stuff in the "Recent Activity" list. If they are on a dial-up connection and it goes down, they loose the list. This seems to be a big problem.

One suggestion has been to set up some sort of history, so you can click a button that gives you recent history since the previous logon (and clicking it again for the one before that).

I don't have my head around how hard this would be to set up as yet. Any general thoughts though??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Improvement to Recent Activity

by Thomas Robb -
I've found the "Recent Activity" feature invaluable, as have many others, I'm sure. I also have had problems with logging off and then on again, for example, when I head to school in the morning, and no longer have it available to refer to again.

Perhaps there could be a simple pulldown menu at the bottom with the following choices which would rewrite the report based on the requested time frame:

Last hour
Last 2 hours
Last 4 hours
Last 8 hours
Last 12 hours
Last 24 hours
Last 2 days
Last 4 days
Last week
Last 2 weeks
In reply to Thomas Robb

Re: Improvement to Recent Activity

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That's also an possible way to do it.

This is one of those situations where I see the problem but am not sure of the answer. Out tutors complain that they rely on the feature to make sure they have looked at all their student's submissions. So maybe they want more of a checklist, which (hey surprise) brings us full circle to your Quick Report suggestion.

Now I'm really confused big grin