LDAP can sync users, but I can not login

LDAP can sync users, but I can not login

by lee kirkland -
Number of replies: 1

Okay, 

I'm using Centos 6 for the totara site, and the LDAP server is on a server 2008. I can sync the ldap users to the Linux server using the included sync_user.php in the cli folder. Now my understanding is, this php file uses the same settings that are in the ldap authentication plugin page. Or am I incorrect? When I log in to the server using a manual admin account, I can see all the new users. I however, can not log in to the same server, using the username and password I know is already supplied from the ldap server. How can I sync the users using the CLI file, but not be able to login to the server? This is possibly the most annoyed I have gotten with something in a while, so any help shining a light on the problem or how to fix it would be great. The linux server is not attached to the AD forest(test system), but it can 'see' and ping the LDAP servers. Like I said I can download and sync all the AD users and I can see them both in the database and the physical page. So I'm unsure why I can not login. 

Thank you for your time,

Lee Kirkland

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lee kirkland

Re: LDAP can sync users, but I can not login

by lee kirkland -

I found the answer, by chance. The reason this was not working...... SELinux has port blocking also. Why Centos needs 4 different firewalls with two running at the same time is beyond me. But I turned SELinux to permissive and now sign-on works.