Fatal Error

Fatal Error

by Alex Githenya -
Number of replies: 9

I have this error on clicking admin icons as well as other icons within quiz. I am newbie and do not know which codes to edit! KIndly assist

Fatal error: Class 'mod_quiz_admin_setting_overduehandling' not found in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/mod/quiz/settings.php on line 68

someone recommended 

FieldOriginal ValueNew ValueComponent/sQuiz [ 10059 ]

Component/sAdministration [ 10050 ]

Component/sAccessibility [ 10083 ]

where do I make these changes? I am new at Moodle!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Githenya

Re: Fatal Error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm going to move this to the quiz forum. Hopefully somebody there can suggest what is going on. 

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

After upgrading your moodle site, have you been to Site administration -> Notifications to let the upgrade run?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex Githenya -

Thanks Tim for your interest. I was installing a plugin ://github.com/jamiepratt/moodle-mod_quiz_accessrule_gradebycategory in moodle 2.7 I did not upgrade the whole moodle but I did run an upgrade after installing the plugin. At first the admin was no longer accessible(notifications Icon and upgrade had an error 404 message) and after attempting installation of other plugins, am now getting Fatal errors. I cannot access the admin at all because of the same error and the quiz seems to be missing. 

I will really appreciate your help.

by Tim Hunt -

The error you are getting is odd.

The class  was added to Moodle in Moodle 2.9 (as part of the change MDL-48898). Therefore, if you are trying to install this plugin into Moodle 2.7, there is no way that error should happen. (It would only happen if you were trying to use Moodle 2.9 quiz code in Moodle 2.7.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex Githenya -

Thanks Tim for your assistance, I don't know where the error is originating from, if you do not mind I could avail my credentials to the site so that you have a look at it personally maybe you could get an Idea of what is going on. I have no idea where to fix!

Kindly let me know if you could spare sometime to have a look at it.

by Tim Hunt -

I cannot help debug your specific Moodle site.

You say that the site broke while you were installing a plugin. You need to undo whatever chagnes you made as part of trying to install it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Start by going to your server and removing all the plugins (delete the folders for the plugins) that you installed and then see if you can get back into your site.  Failing that you are going to have to restore your whole site to prior to your initial gradebycategory plugin install.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Alex Githenya -
What if I delete the whole quiz folder, will that affect the core codes in anyway?

by Alex Githenya -
Thanks guys, I removed the plugins and had to delete the whole quiz folder the errors were gone