Rating History and Teacher Feedback

Rating History and Teacher Feedback

by Teresa Gibbison -
Number of replies: 6
We use Moodle in our NZ tertiary institution. Forums are widely used in all online courses, both fully online and mixed mode. We have modified some code to reflect the following tutor requests and would like feedback on the popularity of these and the possibility of including the changes in the Moodle code so version updates are reflected:
  • record a history of ratings for the post - displays the Average with the number of ratings in brackets as a link to a forum showing history. This allows the teachers to view student's involvement instead of just the last rating.

• provided comments (similar to the glossary). Displays number of comments with a link to comments history that is personal between the teacher and the student. This provides a place for tutors to give personal feedback without having to reply, allowing all other students to see the individual and sometimes personal comments.
Attached is a screenshot.
Attachment forumchanges.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

Re: Rating History and Teacher Feedback

by Michael Penney -
 Displays number of comments with a link to comments history that is personal between the teacher and the student.

I like this idea very much!

by Dawn Wright -

This provides a place for tutors to give personal feedback without having to reply

This feature is repeatedly requested by our faculty.

In reply to Dawn Wright

by Teresa Gibbison -
Thanks for your feedback Dawn - it's good to know others are wanting this as much as us!

I hope more great feedback will encourage developers to include this in future versions. 

Re: Rating History & Teacher Feedback-REVISITED

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hello Teresa,

The module you have mentioned about is great.

Any chance that we can have access to it???

Garry

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hello Teresa,

The module you have mentioned about is great.

Any chance that we can have access to it???

Garry

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi there

My apologies for not replying earlier (I must have unsubscribed to this forum at some stage???)

The developer we had here who coded the comments on forum posts has since left the institute but left a change log. 

Attached is a copy of the comments on forum postings change log and related files (the files are NOT zipped in the correct folder structure).  This was developed for 1.5.2

Good luck and let me know how it works for you.

Teresa