Anyone worked with Learning Bell theme?

Anyone worked with Learning Bell theme?

by Geoff Hunt -
Number of replies: 7

I'm hoping to customize the Learning Bell 2.8 theme, mainly be removing the giant "Learning Bell" banner that adorns my course homepage (see attachment). Anyone had an experience with doing this?

Thanks,

Geoff

Attachment Learning Bell theme image.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geoff Hunt

Re: Anyone worked with Learning Bell theme?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That is a commercial theme from a company that appears to be infringing the Moodle trademark, so you will have to contact the developers themselves. There is unlikely to be anyone in the community to provide support as we would have to buy the theme to look at it and as noted above, the company appears to be in contravention of the Moodle trademark, so that makes it even less likely.

https://moodle.com/trademarks/

In reply to Geoff Hunt

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Learning Bell is a paid for M2.7 theme for which the source code is not available publicly, so difficult to suggest the exact fix.  The site where it is sold is also infringing the Moodle trademark by having the word 'moodle' in the domain name.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Geoff Hunt -

Hmmm well that is interesting. Did not notice the trademark infringement. Thanks for pointing it out!

In reply to Geoff Hunt

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well all that is not answering your question about the banner. If you let me have a copy of the CSS and the layout file I will be able to see what the problem is.

Cheers 

Mary