Login page

Login page

by Lauren Paul -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, 
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to be posting this question. 

I am new to Moodle - I have just started in a role where I am the site administrator, we have a Moodle site set up (by my predecessor) but I do not know where to go to customise/edit the login page. I have read various posts many of which seem to be referring to the front page or if they refer to the login page it is in the context of an older versions of Moodle, our Moodle is version 2.8.6

I want to add some text and hyperlinks to the login page - where do I need to go to make such changes?

Thank you in advance!

Lauren 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lauren Paul

Re: Login page

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you really mean the page with the login box on it... you would need to modify its layout file in the theme (probably create a custom theme). If you just mean the 'front page' (which is different) you can edit the front page settings. Which do you want - find the page and tell us what the URL is...

In reply to Howard Miller

by Lauren Paul -

Hi

The page where you login is http://moodle.aasw.asn.au 

It has been customised previously to contain the same themes and look like our normal website

I just need to be able to edit text that is already there  

Front page settings appear to be for somewhere else 

In reply to Lauren Paul

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That doesn't look like a Moodle page to me. It's a custom page that's been created from scratch. If you want to change the text you will probably need to find and edit 'aaswlogin2.php'.