Why we could not remove icons in Moodle 2.5

Why we could not remove icons in Moodle 2.5

by Julie white -
Number of replies: 14

It is impossible to remove icons from activities for example , feedback

Is there any reason for that? Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julie white

Re: Why we could not remove icons in Moodle 2.5

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, I am not quite sure what you mean? 

You can remove the icons if you don't want them.

https://github.com/lazydaisy/moodle/tree/master/mod/feedback/pix

In reply to Mary Evans

by Julie white -

Hi Mary

I do not know How to use it, can you advise me please

Thanks

In reply to Julie white

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You said you wanted to remove the icons? Thats where they are just delete them from the server.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Julie white -

How to use them, A bit explanation would be  helpful?

In reply to Julie white

by Mary Evans -

If you could explain what it is you would like to do then I can perhaps point you in the right direction to find the answers.

You said you cannot remove the icons.  So I tried to show you that they reside in the moodle/mod/feedback/pix directory on your server. The example I pointed you to was only to showyou where the directory was in relation to your other Moodle files and folders.

I have never used Feedback so I don't even know what ut does of what it looks like.

You would need to ask in the MOD Forum.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Julie white -

Thanks, Mary

I want to remove  all icons from activities. That's all I want to do

Feedback does not work at all, For example, if you want to change the name of feedback. But now i wonder how I can remove all icons including feedback. If  you  explain how I can remove one of Icons, I can do it for all of them.

Thanks,

In reply to Julie white

by Mary Evans -

You can remove Feedback by going to Site Administration > Plugins > Plugins overview where you should find a setting to uninstall it.

In reply to Julie white

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you just want to remove the little icons that show by the name of whatever activity or do you want to stop that activity being seen at all? 

You say that Feedback does not work at all and you cannot change the name?  What do you mean by that?

To turn the activities off, go to your Manage Activities page under Site Administration/Plugins/Activities and close the eye by whatever activity you want shut off.

If you are just talking about a graphical change and removing the icon by the name, follow Mary's instructions above. 

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Julie white -

Thanks- Mary and Emma

I do NOT want to uninstall the feedback or other activities. I do NOT want to turn the actives off.  I just want to get rid of the small icons that show by their names. It is also not possible to change ONLY the name of  activity for feedback. But other activities are OK and we can change their names using HTML. Emma- Mary's comment is not addressing  removing the icons.

If you remove these icons from server, let's say, the icon.pnj for feedback, still this small icon ( the orange speaker)  will be appeared. I have done all instructions provided, for example "purge all caches".

Any idea  to help me to remove JUST the little icons. Thanks.

In reply to Julie white

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Try adding this to your custom css:

.activity img.activityicon {
    display: none;
}
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Julie white -
Thanks, Emma. Gone!
I could not change the name for the activity of  feedback, I did it for all activities. It does not work for feedback. Do you have any solution?

Thanks
In reply to Julie white

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you mean you want to call "Feedback" something different? You should be able to change its name in Site administration > Language > Language customisation.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julie white -

No Mary,

I  know about Language customization. I meant changing php or html codes in server. Which file I need to go for the change?