Megawhite- Moodle not working on my PC and showing error message.

Megawhite- Moodle not working on my PC and showing error message.

by Mega White -
Number of replies: 8

Hi All,

I am using moodle from last few months but when i tried to install it on my another PC then its not working properly as before and showing an error message. Can you guys please help me out to get this done as soon as possible. I am really not able to understand what exactly wrong i am doing.

Many Thanks
Mega White

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mega White

Re: Megawhite- Moodle not working on my PC and showing error message.

by Developer@ Monarch Media, Inc. -

Hi,

Would you please provide specific details about the errors you are getting.

In reply to Developer@ Monarch Media, Inc.

by Mega White -

Hi, It used to work great but now when i am running it on another PC then it hangs my complete system and then force shutdown. I dont thing there is an issue of computer configration.

Bytheway I am using i3, 4gb ram and 500 GB HD. Please help me out to solve this asap.

Thanks
-Mega White

In reply to Mega White

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

And (again) what is the error message?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mega White -

Hi Howard, Sometime while operating its hanging my computer and sometimes its showing 303 error. I really dont know the exact reason.

Thanks

-Megawhite

In reply to Mega White

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Go into your Server Log and see if there is an error message there

You should also be getting an error message via your PHP install. Have a look and see if there are any PHP error messages. 

A HTTP 303 Error usually relates to something not being found... so what is not being found? 

Fundamental assumption, you have a server, like IIS or Apache on your other PC, and you have installed PHP and MySQL and phpMyAdmin (not essential but very handy for a MySQL database. You are likely to have a Server, just to get the error message, but do you have the other tools? 

If you haven't done these things, then it is not going to work - ever. If you are using Windows then suggest you go to Bitnami Stack and download and install the Moodle stack. It is all done for you and is easy installer. If you are using Linux, open a terminal window and run the phpinfo.php file. If it runs then you are likely already set to go. If it doesn't then you are likely going to have to install and configure a server, database and PHP. If using PostgreSQL you might need phpPgAdmin.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Mega White -
Hi Colin, Thanks for helping me out. I have never installed Bitnami Stack this is something new to me. I will install it and let you know the details.

Thanks
-Megawhite
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Mega White -

Hi Colin,

No, I am still getting an error, Is their any team their that provides a remote support and i think this can be done by sharing the screen only. I dont know 'moodle' provides such support or not.

Thanks
-Megawhite

In reply to Mega White

by Paul Verrall -

Moodle Partners provide support for paying customers. I would look at enlisting their help if your site is important and you don't know what you are doing.