How can I make a files for teacher(not student) in a same folder?

How can I make a files for teacher(not student) in a same folder?

de Kim Diana -
Number of replies: 2

Good day,

I have seen this from moodle websites. it is very good function  which is : 

Using one folder resource, and show different directory to student and teacher.

For students, 

they can see only 'student' sub folder.

For teacher

they can see 'student' and 'teacher' sub folders.

I have check 'editing' and research google, but I couldn't find a way to do.

Please advise me if you know any solution.

Thanks

Regards

Promeyo de puntuacions: -
In reply to Kim Diana

Re: How can I make a files for teacher(not student) in a same folder?

de Colin Fraser -
Imachen de Documentation writers Imachen de Testers

I think what you are talking about is a function of Roles. You really need to understand how the Roles work, for example, Administrators can go anywhere, see and do anything, but everyone else can go, see and do only what the Role they hold allows them to go, see and do. Roles have a part to play in the context of the Role, which is why you DO NOT assign Roles in the Front Page, except for Admins and Managers. I do not want my Science Teacher creating Courses in English, for example, only in the Science Category. The Role is assigned there, in the Science Category. I want Maths teachers teaching Maths, but not teaching English, so they are not a Teacher in English Category. 

Same thing for Students. If some things are hidden resources, then a Teacher can see them, but a Student cannot. The Roles and Permissions documentation explains this clearly. There is a lot of reading to do, but it is worthwhile.

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: How can I make a files for teacher(not student) in a same folder?

de Howard Miller -
Imachen de Core developers Imachen de Documentation writers Imachen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imachen de Peer reviewers Imachen de Plugin developers

Even then... I can't think you can achieve this in the same folder. 

The simplest way is just to make a separate folder resource and then hide it. That way only teachers will be able to see it.