random questions based on constraints

random questions based on constraints

by Lan Umek -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I have two a little bit related questions about building quizzes in Moodle

1st:  Imagine I have a set of very similar questions, for instance "What is the capital of Slovenia?", "What is the capital of Croatia?" ... From this set I would like to select a random question and put it in a quiz. That is the easy part. Now I would like to add a new question based on the selection of the previous one, for instance "Who is the prime minister of this country?" As you see, the correct answer depends on the previous choice. 

Is it possible to prepare questions / quizzes in this way in Moodle?

2nd: Imagine that I randomly choose a number x (let's say integer for 0 to 9). Is it possible to construct questions in such way that they all depend on this random choice of x, for instance "How much is x+1?", "What is the square root of x?" ...

Thank you for your help.

Lan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lan Umek

Re: random questions based on constraints

by Joshua Bragg -

In your first question, you're asking for #3 in this post.  This hasn't made it into Moodle yet, but everything else in that list has.  It's high on my priority list also.  I've pulled it off for now with Cloze questions and made all of the questions I wanted to ask in sequence a single Cloze question.  You can also do this with the Combined question type.  Sadly, I made a ridiculous number of Cloze questions in Moodle 1.9 when that was the only option and haven't had the time to redo them with the Combined question type yet.  Well that and I'm actively putting it off because its not required yet.

For your second question you need to look at the Calculated question type and synchronized data sets.  See: https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Calculated_question_type#Synchronization