Pause and Release timer in quiz

Pause and Release timer in quiz

by Rajakumar Jillella -
Number of replies: 5

I'm using moodle 2.9 version.

Is this possible to pause/release the timer while attempting the quiz.

I didn't find in admin settings.

Is there any option or plugin for this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajakumar Jillella

Re: Pause and Release timer in quiz

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Doesn't that defeat the option of having a timer?

If you want students to be able to do that, just turn it off...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rajakumar Jillella -
I tried to find that options in administration side. It is not available.

I want to pause/release the times, If the student wants to,

Suggest me if the plugins available for that.

In reply to Rajakumar Jillella

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No it is not available because the timer is designed to limit the time.  If a student can pause it, then it has little purpose.  You can check the plugins but I doubt there is anything like that.  Tim might have suggestions..

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Padriaag Fitz -

This would be a great feature for a course I'm working on. I want to give students practice exams they can start/stop on their own, but give them the timer so they can track how long it takes them to complete the exam. That way they know how long it takes them to complete the exam, but while they are studying they don't have to complete the quiz in one sitting.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

In reply to Padriaag Fitz

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Padriaag,

There is a way that you can do this, but it requires the Generico filter plugin and a stopwatch or countdown widget.

Make your quiz with all the questions on one page with one description type question as the first question. In the description question, add a Generico filter with the stop watch widget then students can time themselves to quiz completion. If you use the countdown widget, they can work with a deadline for the quiz.