How to Enable slash arguments in Ubuntu 14.04 ?

How to Enable slash arguments in Ubuntu 14.04 ?

by QLD BNE -
Number of replies: 13

I am stuck on the installation check screen. I would like to fix that one too however I cannot find clear instruction. When I follow the link I cannot find the location of https.conf file to edit the AcceptPathInfo attribute. How can I locate it?

Slasharguments

The function slash arguments is required for various features in Moodle to work correctly, as described in Using slash arguments.

To turn it on, add this line to your httpd.conf, or to a .htaccess file in your local directory:

AcceptPathInfo On

Note: When using ".htaccess" in your local Moodle install folder, you should include/enable "AllowOverride Directive" in "httpd.conf", first. Also! please note that using .htaccess file will cause performance hit on your server!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to QLD BNE

Re: How to Enable slash arguments in Ubuntu 14.04 ?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I would continue with the installation and tune those things later. (This one is not an error: not in red and blocking.)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by QLD BNE -

I continued already so how can I tune it now? smile

In reply to QLD BNE

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,
if you're installing Moodle from scratch, it's just a false positive: MDL-50416.

That's means no tuning required if the warning is no more present in Site administration > Server > Environment (/admin/environment.php).

HTH,
Matteo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Nelson Bartley -

This is really information which should be placed in the slasharguments wiki. It has wasted HOURS of my time trying to figure out how to enable this, when it actually was enabled and the script was mis-reporting.

That being said I do realize that most of the information is 5 days old, but the original report was made in May, essentially verified in June. 

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by QLD BNE -

Thanks Matteo,

No relevant error visible there but I found another one smile

In reply to QLD BNE

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Well, "tuning" was not the proper term. What I meant was, once you finish the installation if the the site doesn't run properly and you suspect the cause to be something with slasharguments you should come back.

I've had my encounters with the dreaded slasharguments. But wasn't aware of https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-50416. Perhaps becuase my most current production Moodle is 2.7 (LTS).

Did you mention your Moodle version? What was the tutorial you followed installing Moodle?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by QLD BNE -

Thanks gentlemen, apparently it is a false positive.

Dear Visvanath, I never introduce a system into my environment without solving the visible issues. I cannot sweep the things under the carpet smile I believe that's why since years I have headache free network system in my environment. This is a brand new 2.9 moodle installation and preparing installation notes for production environment.

By the way I see the following warning after moodle installation is complete. Link takes me somewhere discussing this topic but can't see the solution itself.

In reply to QLD BNE

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

link should take you here:

https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Administration_via_command_line#Converting_InnoDB_tables_to_Barracuda

and it says what to do - execute:

php admin/cli/mysql_compressed_rows.php --list
(and then fix using the same script or manually)
In reply to Marina Glancy

by QLD BNE -

Sorry I couldn;t get it. Where to run this command?

In reply to QLD BNE

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Seems odd to me... is this 'vanilla' Ubuntu 14.04 with all the usual Apache/PHP packages?

I've installed hundreds of Moodle sites on countless 14.04 servers and never seen this. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by QLD BNE -

I downloaded Ubuntu server 14.04 from the website last week and followed the video along with installation help.