Missing Moodle Network enrolment plugin

Missing Moodle Network enrolment plugin

by Carly Born -
Number of replies: 3
I'm trying to follow these instructions for enabling a Peer-to-Peer MNet and I'm hitting two snags:

Problem 1:

Under "Get remote enrolments going" it says:
  1. On both, go to Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins and enable Moodle Network enrolment plugin (click Save). Click on 'Edit' and enable 'allow_allcourses' or select some courses or categories to be remotely enrolled.

By my Moodle 2.8.6 does not have a Moodle Network enrolment plugin.   I have the MNet remote enrolments plugin mentioned in the following step, but not the Moodle Network enrolment plugin mentioned in step 1.  Is this something I need to download?

Problem 2:

With all else being setup, I am able to click on the remote Moodle from the Network servers block on the home page.  But I get a time-gap error:

Ooops! Your MNET communication has failed! Here's that error message to pass on to your administrator: Time gap with [my Moodle site]: Log in to the site (26.5 seconds) is greater than the permitted maximum of 15 secondsERROR 6:
6:Time gap with [my Moodle site]: Log in to the site (26.5 seconds) is greater than the permitted maximum of 15 seconds

Is this a problem with my server or the remote server?  The error page is from the remote server, but the error refers to my server.  My server is setup to sync it's time with a networked time clock, and Moodle is set to use the server's local time.  Anything else I can check?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carly Born

Re: Missing Moodle Network enrolment plugin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I think Moodle Network enrolment plugin is the same as MNet remote enrolments. I will change the docs.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Missing Moodle Network enrolment plugin

by Carly Born -

Thanks, Mary, I wondered about that. 

I was able to enroll my people into a course on the remote Moodle, but the other person was not able to enroll their people into our course.  So I'm trying to scour the settings to see what I did wrong.

In reply to Carly Born

Timegap error with MNet enrolment

by Carly Born -

Does anyone have any suggestions for the time gap issue we are having? 

(Edited by Mary Cooch to clarify title - original submission Friday, 24 July 2015, 4:38 PM)