Comment on field

Comment on field

by D W -
Number of replies: 2

My student are required to submit a daily assignment. 

The daily assignment is using a textbox field.

Can the teachers correct/mark on the assignment by using the edit view and edit on the student textbox field using tinyeditor. 

After correct/mark on the student assignment is there a way to notify the student that it is mark?

Anyone can help me with my senario above?

Do anyone know is there a best way to separate the student content and teacher edited content?  

on the database mdl_dataform_contents there is content content1 content2 content3, does this serve the purpose? example student assignment content is on content column, and teachers edited content is on content2 column.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D W

Re: Comment on field

by Itamar Tzadok -

You don't need to go to the DB for that. That defeats the purpose of the Dataform. wink

A teacher can edit the student content. If you want to separate the feedback from the student content you can simply add an additional textarea field for the teacher, and lock it so that only the teacher would be able to edit it. If the teacher needs to annotate the student content, in the latter case he/she would have to copy the content from the student designated field to the teacher designated field.

To send a notification to the student on feedback, you can add a notification rule on the entry update event.

That's just a brief starting point. Actual implementation depends also on the version you have as not all features are availabe in branches earlier than 2.8 and 2.9.

smile