Submission notification question

Submission notification question

by John Jackson -
Number of replies: 7

I have a situation with a course with six assignments. I have 6 teachers assigned to the course. Each assignment should be graded only by a single assigned teacher. How can I set up the options so that only the assigned teacher gets the email notification when a learner submits an assignment to the assignment that teacher should grade?

thanks!

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Jackson

Re: Submission notification question

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Best solution:

Copy the teacher role and rename it to something appropriate.

Remove the Access All Groups permission.

Set up groups in your course and assign each teacher to the appropriate group.  Then assign each group to the relative assignment.

Teachers will only be able to see their group of students and the assignments that they are assigned to.  They will only receive notifications for their group of students.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by John Jackson -

Thanks very much Emma. I had read the documentation on groups and thought that might be the key.

But the documentation also seemed to suggest that students within a group could see and edit the submissions by other students within the group. In other words, groups were for collaborative submissions. In our situation, each learner's submissions must be confidential.

Can you tell me if the method you suggest would keep the submissions confidential among students?

Thanks!

John

In reply to John Jackson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The only time that students can see another students submission is if the assignment is set to allow group submissions.  This means that a group of students can submit together.  It is different to just setting separate groups at the course level which allows you to separate bunches of students for just the purpose you are looking for.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by John Jackson -

When I configured assignments the way you suggested, with groups, and a single teacher being assigned to each group, I still have a problem with the notifications. Even though only a single teacher is assigned to a group, and a single group is associated with each assignment, ALL teachers get an email notification when a student submits an assignment.

Do you have any other hints on how to modify the notifications?

thanks!