Send notifications(email) to students when they enroll the course.

Send notifications(email) to students when they enroll the course.

autor Komal Barde -
Počet odpovědí: 7

Hi All,

I want to send notification mail after enrolling user into course.

Once users are enrolled with manual enrollment then mail will be generated for enrolled users.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na Komal Barde

Re: Send notifications(email) to students when they enroll the course.

autor Mary Cooch -
Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Moodle HQ Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Testers Obrázek: Translators

If you can add plugins, perhaps this welcome plugin might help? https://moodle.org/plugins/view/local_welcome

V odpovědi na Mary Cooch

autor Komal Barde -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for you reply.

I have installed that local_welcome plugin,but it is sending a welcome message to new users, sends a notification to a moderator of the new user creation but not manual enrollment of user to course.

Is there any other plugin to achieve this?

Thanks.

V odpovědi na Komal Barde

autor Mary Cooch -
Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Moodle HQ Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Testers Obrázek: Translators

Ah yes - apologies- I was thinking of new users and not new course participants. If you are bulk enrolling them then I guess you could use the News forum to which everyone is automatically subscribed to send out a welcome message? But if you enrol them manually one at a time or just a few at a time then that's not a useful solution.

V odpovědi na Mary Cooch

autor Peter Bowen -

You could use "Cohort Greeting" to do this

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/enrol_elediacohortgreeting

You would add people to the cohort rather than enrolling them.

Cheers
Peter

V odpovědi na Peter Bowen

autor Nishant Pandya -

Hey Peter Bowen. I don't think so that this is a proper solution. I am developing a site for my client.

So this is not good that client first create cohort & then put the students on that & then send them a message.

Please help anybody. I want same that when admin can enrol any student for any course then student will get notification on email that you are enrol for this course & you can start learning.

Thanks,

Nishant

V odpovědi na Nishant Pandya

autor Aviwe Foji -

Hi Nashant Pandya ,

Did you manage to get any solution for this? 

Thank you. 

V odpovědi na Aviwe Foji

autor Nishant Pandya -

Hi Aviwe Foji,

I have achieved by using below ways:

- Open the file root\enrol\manual\ajax.php

- First add below code to top

require_once($CFG->libdir.'/moodlelib.php');

$body = "You have been enrolled to course"." ".$course->fullname."<br/><br/>"."Please login to start your course."."<br/><br/>"."Thanks,"."<br/>LogicStrat Admin"; 

- Then find the code json_encode($outcome); & add below code in above this json.

Add email_to_user($user,$USER,'Enrollment Notification','The text of the message',$body);

- Then save & check when admin can manually enroll a course to student then student will get the notification.