Can't find the Debian Package

Can't find the Debian Package

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
Number of replies: 5
I thought I would test the Debian Linux OS and use the Moodle package. I can't find such a package anywhere. Where is it? I tried "aptitude install moodle" and rec'd an error that it couldn't find such a package.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dallas Ray Smetter

Re: Can't find the Debian Package

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Dallas,
              search livecd on Moodle.

I hope it may help,

Bernard

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
You can't do things blindly in Unix. There is no central authority (Redmond?) which will do the thinking for you sad

You want to fetch a package. OK but from where?

The answer is, you tell the computer! In the case of Debian all that is in /etc/apt/sources.list!

Go to the site which hosts your packages and check whether they have a package called "moodle". If not you have to edit (add) the name of a server which hosts Moodle to your "sources.list".

Once that is in place "apt-get install moodle" should do the trick.
Important: I haven't tested since I don't run Debian.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
I had done that right after my initial post. Problem was solved at that time. Thanks for responding.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In such situations it is nice if you could document the solution to the problem. There are always others with the same problem.

For example could post the contents of your sources.list file? Only the "active" (uncommented) lines, I mean. Also mention which Debian you installed (Woody/Sarge and which release).

by Martín Langhoff -
aptitude install moodle should have worked. Perhaps you are using Woody, which didn't include it yet (and is perhaps 4 years old!). If you are using Sarge, and have APT configured to get packages from the network, just apt-get install moodle works.

Here are the details of what packages you'll get http://packages.debian.org/moodle