Theme Academy and custom CSS

Theme Academy and custom CSS

by Harald H -
Number of replies: 10
Hi Moodlers,
i just tried to add som custom css to the Theme Academy.
There is a CustomCss textarea in the theme configuration menu (header) but unfortunatly any css rule there gets ignored.
for example i did the following:
#header .header-top {
    background-color: #00b800;
}
But the backround color of the header is still the old.
Thanks!!!
Harald

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harald H

Re: Theme Academy and custom CSS

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you mean Academi from the plugins database, it looks like there is a problem with the order of the css sheets in the config file

custom.css is actually listed first, which means then that any settings in theme.css will continue to overwrite anything added to the customcss setting.

You may need to change this yourself on your version or contact the developer to fix it.

$THEME->sheets = array('custom','theme','font-awesome.min');
$THEME->sheets = array('theme','font-awesome.min','custom');

Personally, I'd probably put the font-awesome one first as well as that appears to be the upstream file from font-awesome and I tend to put those before anything created for the theme itself so that the theme.css would overwrite the upstream ones without changing them, if that should become necessary - makes for easier upgrading if you ever have to change the upstream file (IMHO)

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Harald H -

yes i mean the theme from the plugin database,

thanks, i will try this!

In reply to Harald H

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm sorry, but as the makers of that theme are the subject of a trademark violation, I will not be supporting it in any way.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Harald H -

actually i don't understand that...what marker?!?

i just wan't to change the background/ font color and so on....

In reply to Harald H

by Richard Oelmann -

Gareth is referring to the fact that the theme makers, the authors, are using a website to advertise their products which is in violation of the Moodle trademark - https://moodle.com/trademarks/

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Harald H -

Ok, but what i don't understand.... Why is the theme available for download from the official moodle Plugin database??

In reply to Harald H

by Richard Oelmann -

I presume the plugins team didn't spot the website - or it was added later -  and it has only just been reported.

Probably the theme will stay there, but I would hope that 'Nephzat' will be asked to change the domain name they use