Course - created by

Course - created by

by Jerin Das -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Team,

In database , where will be the id of the user who created the course is saved ?

Please help me to go forward. I wan to get the id of the user who created aparticular course.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jerin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jerin Das

Re: Course - created by

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This information is not stored directly in Moodle - you may be able to retrieve it from the logs.

You haven't mentioned a Moodle version number, so I will assume you are using Moodle 2.9.

The log event you are looking for is \core\event\course_created ( https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Event_2#Existing_events ). You will need to create an instance of \core\log\sql_reader ( https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Migrating_log_access_in_reports ) and then use that to do a search for the relevant event. The 'userid' for that event will be the user who created the course.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Jerin Das -

Thanks for quick reply.

My intention is that , I want to limit the course display ( custom page ) according to the courses created by him .

Any other way for that?

moodle version - 2.8

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jerin

In reply to Jerin Das

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, you could create an event handler that keeps a record in your own DB table of each of the courses created by a particular user (and pre-populate this list using the method outlined in my original reply).

You could then quickly join with this table to produce a list of courses created by a particular user (although, it would normally be more interesting to have a list of courses where the user was, for example, an editing teacher - just because you didn't create a course, does not mean it is not now relevant to you; similarly just because you did create a course, does not mean it is still relevant).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'd go with Davo's suggestion - Create a specific role (which may be a variation of the editing teacher role, or could just be the editing teacher) and simply display courses in which the user has that role.