How do I stop the Certificate plugin in Moodle 2.9 from notifying Manager Archetype Roles by email?

How do I stop the Certificate plugin in Moodle 2.9 from notifying Manager Archetype Roles by email?

by Byron Roberts -
Number of replies: 2

I have a range of  Manager Archetype roles that the Certificate plugin is notifying by email as well as the Teachers of the course when the 'Email Teachers' issue option is set to 'yes'.

We really don't want people with these Manager Archetype roles having their inbox flooded with notifications.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can stop this from occurring?

I found this discussion https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=280612 but it does not specify what the settings are.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Byron Roberts

Re: How do I stop the Certificate plugin in Moodle 2.9 from notifying Manager Archetype Roles by email?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try removing either the Manage a Certificate role or the Notification of an Assignment submission role from the manager.  I can't tell exactly which permission is causing this but I would try those two and see if that helps.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: How do I stop the Certificate plugin in Moodle 2.9 from notifying Manager Archetype Roles by email?

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Emma is right, the capability that govern the sending of mails is 'mod/certificate:manage'