Showing Entry ratings on "View List"

Showing Entry ratings on "View List"

by Michael Richards -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, I have enabled ratings (shown as stars) and you can rate each entry and view its rating on the View Single tab, however I want to be able to see each rating of each entry on the "View List" tab. There does not seem to be any Field which can do this. Is there anyway to achieve this?

Thank you for reading!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Richards

Re: Showing Entry ratings on "View List"

by Itamar Tzadok -

It is possible in the Dataform module. See similar question and illustration down this forum at: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=245510#p1064673. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Michael Richards -

Thank you for the link but the replies on that post suggest it is not possible and another person mentioned that you can do "##ratings:rate##" on the View list to get it to work but this doesn't work for me.

by Michael Richards -

It's definitely not possible but I found a plugin for it: 

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-15569

Thanks for the help though!

by Itamar Tzadok -

It's definitely possible, including multiple rating fields per entry, computed grading by ratings, and ranking. Mostly available from 2.8 onward. That said, if the Database patch works for you and meets your requirement, it would be simpler to apply it for the desired effect. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Michael Richards -

I've just upgraded to Moodle 2.9 and still cannot find any rating/ranking tags in the Available tags list under the Templates > List template tab. Strange.

I would prefer not to use a plugin if it is already in the default Moodle version but if I can't get it to work then I may have to.

by Itamar Tzadok -

In the Dataform the ratings are provided by a designated field ratingmdl. So to use ratings in an entry you need to add an instance of the field (the name of this field must be all lower case). You select the scale in the field instance settings. Once you have the field, the list of entry patterns in the dropdown next to the entry template area in the view will show you a selection of patterns this field offers. You can use these patterns in any view whether the view is designated as a list view or a single view. Note also that in the Dataform, there is no  type distinction between a list view and a single view. To make a view "single view" you set the view's per-page setting to 1. hth smile