removing flexible breadcrumb feature

removing flexible breadcrumb feature

by Mahtab Hussain -
Number of replies: 4
May you all live in peace!

I have a moodle 2.6 installation where I am using essential theme. The theme is cool overall but I have a requirement that breadcrumb may not contract automatically and show all breadcrumb items in full(see screen shot attached). I found that jQuery folder in theme has Jbreadcrumb Java script file which has functions handling the feature but I could not find where in theme files the same method is being called. Can any of theme developer guide me how I can achieve this?

Warm regards,
Mahtab Hussain
Attachment screen shot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahtab Hussain

Re: removing flexible breadcrumb feature

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

And peace be with you too my friend.

Hi Mathab,

You did not mention what version of Essential, as this theme has had many changes. 

Anyway I think you will find that the breadcrumb jQuery plug-in is activated via the essential / lib.php at this point here.

https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/master_249/lib.php#L1005

This example is taken from one of the earlier versions of Essential so should look something similar in your version of Essential.

The idea for the breadcrumb is a derivative (I think) from this example by Mark Williams.

https://gist.github.com/markward/5620650

Kind regards

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Mahtab Hussain -
May you live in peace Mary!

I was pretty much sure that I would get a very supportive response from you. Thanks heaps and sorry for not mentioning the theme version. How have you been. Its soooooooo long we have communicated. I have been developing MOODLE based LMSs all this time and have 30+ running by this time.

Thanks once again for your support.
Warmest regards from the depth of my heart for all the good work you are doing.
Have a good day.

Mahtab
In reply to Mahtab Hussain

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There is already a breadcrumb option in the settings for a non-collapsing version of that breadcrumb style.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mahtab Hussain -
May you live in peace Gareth!

Thank you soooo much my friend. I actually tried the options in theme settings but could not get what I was looking for through any of those. I could be wrong as I might not have done that correctly OR I might be using an older version of the theme.

Anyway, the pointer you provided is very helpful and I shall look for the same if I ever had similar situation for any other installation.

Thanks heaps.
Warm regards,

Mahtab