Running Totals in Gradebook?

Running Totals in Gradebook?

by MP Rogers -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am trying to set up my gradebook so that I can have running totals based on points. For instance, if I have 3 assignments worth 20, 30, and 10 points, and only the first assignment has been graded, a student with 15 points should see an average of 15/20 = 75%, not 15/60 = 25%.

Is there a way to do that? Aggregate Non Empty Grades doesn't seem to work as advertised, and I've seen conflicting discussions about this online.

Thanks for any info,

Michael

In reply to MP Rogers

Re: Running Totals in Gradebook?

by Mark McKay -

Exclude Empty Grades (formerly Aggregate only non-empty grades) does work for this if you're using 2.7 or later.

In reply to MP Rogers

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What version of Moodle are you running - that has a pretty significant effect on the gradebook.

However, if you set your gradebook to Simple Weighted Mean of Grades and check Aggregate Only Non-Empty Grades, you should be fine.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by MP Rogers -

Good point ... apparently (and I say apparently because my machine is hosted by classroomrevolution.com) I am running Moodle 2.7.3+ (Build: 20141224). 

Michael