Hidden user fields - how to unhide

Hidden user fields - how to unhide

by Marie Weatherford -
Number of replies: 3

Our users are unable to update their own location since we upgraded to 2.9. Location is visible. I have checked the view hidden details under user permissions but can't see how to ammend it.

hidden fields screen shotHaving difficulty uploading screen shot

Attachment Screen shot of hidden fields in QASCLO.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marie Weatherford

Re: Hidden user fields - how to unhide

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Marie,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, however if you're asking how to unselect Station/location as a hidden user field, you can do so by holding down the Ctrl key at the same time as clicking Station/location.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Marie Weatherford -

Hi Helen

Thanks, we had tried that but it didn't work. My colleague was able to delve a bit further & finally found the permission that allowed Users to update their own records/profiles. It is possible that since our upgrade, they haven't been able to update anything but only advised us of location issue. We still need to test to make sure all is good. I'll contact you again if this didn't work.

BTW: Our staff are really taking to our Moodle site now. It was a slow progress but with the new Moodle upgrades & some clever design from one of our team members, it is really coming into its own & has become a major part of our educational delivery strategy smile

Marie

In reply to Marie Weatherford

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Marie for your reply. Good to hear that your staff are taking to your Moodle site. smile