Is working Moodle if Transfer-Encoding is chunked?

Is working Moodle if Transfer-Encoding is chunked?

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi!

We would like to know if Moodle is working correctly if Transfer-Encoding is chunked (in fact, all its upload forms). If chunked mode is enabled, content-length is not send in the header so, depending on the code, some upload forms may not work (for instance, we have seen in the code that WebDav repository may not work). Is there any restriction/recommendation/requirement for this configuration in Moodle and/or any developed third plugin?

Thanks in advance and best wishes from Barcelona,
Sara

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

Re: Is working Moodle if Transfer-Encoding is chunked?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I assume this means it isn't working for you?  The full story may help you get an answer wink

In reply to Howard Miller

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Howard!

We're moving our Data center and, with the new one, we're having some problems uploading files that are solved when chunked mode is enabled. That's why we would like to know if someone has some experience with Moodle&Chunked, because looking at the code it seems there are some incompatibilities (I have seen some places in the Moodle code where appears references to the "Content-length" header, for instance the WebDav repository).

Does anyone use Moodle with chunked mode?

Best wishes from Barcelona and thanks in advance!

Sara

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I thought it was on by default? That is, Moodle will accept file downloads where it is requested. I normally turn it off because I have had issues in the past with (I suspect) download clients flooding the server with multiple requests for chunks. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Sara Arjona Téllez -

Hi Howard!

Thanks again for your quick response!! smile At the moment we'll try to leave chunked mode off wink

Best wishes from Barcelona,

Sara

by Howard Miller -

Just thinking we should make sure we are talking about the same thing. The Moodle option (which is hidden) is...

$CFG->disablebyteserving = true;

If you do this (in your config.php) then only complete files will be downloaded. The clue is that your logs are full of requests for the same file from the same IP.