Grid Course Format throwing deprecated error for student not meeting section criteria

Grid Course Format throwing deprecated error for student not meeting section criteria

by Laura Gay Majerus -
Number of replies: 5

I am running M2.8.6 hosted by a Moodle Partner who controls access to the source code so I'm not sure which version of Grid Course Format is installed (I'm assuming the latest stable version). The course format is show all sections on one page (though my problem persists if I do only 1 section per page). 

I've set up several course sections to only show to students who meet a specific grade criteria for 1 assignment and are a member of a certain group. When I "switch my view" to Student or login as a test student in this course, I receive debugging information before each grid section stating the following:

$section->showavailability property has been deprecated. You can replace it by checking if $section->availableinfo has content. line 2785 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to debugging() line 2667 of /lib/modinfolib.php: call to section_info->get_showavailability() line 358 of /course/format/grid/renderer.php: call to section_info->__get() line 123 of /course/format/grid/renderer.php: call to format_grid_renderer->make_block_icon_topics() line 151 of /course/format/grid/format.php: call to format_grid_renderer->print_multiple_section_page() line 281 of /course/view.php: call to require()

If I click on the section (ignoring the code), the section correctly comes up and states "This section has been hidden" but does not show the hide criteria to the student.

I searched the Moodle forum and Tracker but don't see that anyone else has this issue. I've attached a screenshot of the main page. Let me know what other information you might need to help me solve the issue.

Thanks,

Laura

Attachment 2015-06-18_GridFormat_StudentView_DeprecatedErrorForHiddenSections.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Gay Majerus

Re: Grid Course Format throwing deprecated error for student not meeting section criteria

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Laura,

Given the line numbers, you are using an out of date version.  However, it looks like the problem will happen in the latest version.  I don't know what the exact solution will be until I replicate and look into it.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Grid Course Format throwing deprecated error for student not meeting section criteria

by Laura Gay Majerus -

Thanks, Gareth. I'll let my Moodle Partner know that their version is out of date.

I'll keep following your progress on this issue. My faculty love the Grid format. 

Should I start this issue in Tracker?

Thanks,

Laura

In reply to Laura Gay Majerus

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Laura,

No need, just fixed and released, please see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=315496.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Laura Gay Majerus -

Thanks, Gareth! That was super fast smile