Unable to add tags to the template when editor is on

Unable to add tags to the template when editor is on

by Susana L. -
Number of replies: 5

"To use the tags in the box on the left of the page, use the HTML viewer, ...".  [https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Database_templates#Tag_usage]

Why can't we add tags to the template when the HTML editor is on? We are about to install moodle 2.7 and we came out with this problem... We have always used this function with the editor on...

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
susana

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susana L.

Re: Unable to add tags to the template when editor is on

by Susana L. -

Is my question unclear?

Does anyone have problems adding tags to the template when the editor is on?

thanks.

In reply to Susana L.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Susana,

Which version of Moodle are you using? Also, which editor are you using? What is the Text editor setting in your profile? (Atto, TinyMCE, or Plain text area?)

Personally, I have no problem using the tags with the editor on in Moodle 2.6 and 2.7.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Susana L. -

Hi!

We are using Moodle 2.7.8. and the default Atto html editor.

Clicking the tags on the left takes no effect. It will only work If when using the editor as plain HTML.

Thanks.

In reply to Susana L.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Susana,

I think you have discovered a bug.

I just tested the following:

• Moodle 2.5 only has text area and TinyMCE - clicking a tag works in both.
  • Moodle 2.6 text area and TinyMCE - clicking a tag works in both. Clicking a tag in Atto does not work.
  • Moodle 2.7 text area and TinyMCE - clicking a tag works in both. Clicking a tag in Atto does not work.
  • Moodle 2.8 text area and TinyMCE - clicking a tag works in both. Clicking a tag in Atto does not work.
  • Moodle 2.9 text area and TinyMCE - clicking a tag works in both. Clicking a tag in Atto does not work.

So, I think either the capability was never included in Atto, or it is broken.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)