Warning! Do not upgrade to 2.9.0 if you use quizzes with random Cloze questions

Warning! Do not upgrade to 2.9.0 if you use quizzes with random Cloze questions

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks to didier jodin for finding a nasty bug in Moodle 2.9.0: MDL-50373

If you have quizzes that contain randomly selected Cloze questions, then you really don't want to upgrade to 2.9 until that is fixed. (Hopefully I can get a fix done quickly and that can be included in this week's 2.9.0+ release.)

If you have not yet upgraded to 2.9, or if you do not use randomly selected Cloze questions, then there is nothing for you to worry about.

I am really sorry I introduced this bug.

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Warning! Do not upgrade to 2.9.0 if you use quizzes with random Cloze questions

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There are are corporations with effectively unlimited amounts of money who will not even admit to the bugs in their software let alone fix them, so no apologies necessary smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Warning! Do not upgrade to 2.9.0 if you use quizzes with random Cloze questions

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Glad to see this is fixed -- that was fast!

Your hard work is appreciated.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you. I mean to post back here once the weekly release came out, but I forgot. Thank you for doing it for me.

Just to confirm, the latest 2.9.0+ release contains the fix for this issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)