Fault Tolerant Mode: PHP Catchable Error

Fault Tolerant Mode: PHP Catchable Error

by Danny Wahl -
Number of replies: 1

Got word from a teacher this morning that fault-tolerant mode is throwing a catchable-error when attempting to preview a quiz.  Disabling offline mode restores access to the preview.

catchable error

Debug info: Argument 3 passed to quiz_attempt::render_question() must be an instance of mod_quiz_renderer, instance of moodle_url given, called in [dirroot]/mod/quiz/accessrule/offlinemode/attempt.php on line 176 and defined
Error code: codingerror
Stack trace:

line 393 of /lib/setuplib.php: coding_exception thrown
line 1432 of /mod/quiz/attemptlib.php: call to default_error_handler()
line 176 of /mod/quiz/accessrule/offlinemode/attempt.php: call to quiz_attempt->render_question()
  • Moodle 2.9+ (Build: 20150521)
  • quizaccess_offlinemode 2015012200
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: Fault Tolerant Mode: PHP Catchable Error

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

quizaccess_offlinemode is not compatible with Moodle 2.9. I am not going to have time to fix that for a while. (I have fixed all my other plugins to work with 2.9.) The Open University will start the move to Moodle 2.9 at the end of August (probably) for release is December, so that is when I am likely to have to fix things.

If anyone else is able to fix this sooner, I will try to help with advice, and will happily receive a github pull request wink

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you at the moment.