MySqli extension issues

MySqli extension issues

by Knox Lively -
Number of replies: 10

I have been trying to install moodle 2.6.11 for the last three days and have been unsuccessful due to Mysqi database driver issues. I have tried multiple different php.ini configurations, as well as config.php changes, with no success. I can verify the database user/password has appropriate access to mysql, as well as the appropriate database created. I do not feel comfortable posting my configs and ini files here, upon request I will release them to the tech. Also i've been to the forums/google and such, read at least 20 similar cases, none of the fixes resolved my issue.

Also, I realize this is not the latest and greatest, we are constrained by OS requirements, therefore cannot install any php other than 5.3.

ENVIRONMENT:

OS = Suse11sp3 

DB= mysql 5.0.96

PHP = v 5.3.17

WebServer = apache 2.2

====================================================

Upon visiting my hosts URL I get this message

Error: database driver problem detected

The site administrator should verify server configuration

PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQLi extension for it to communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.

====================================================
Please let me know if more is needed.

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Knox Lively

Re: MySqli extension issues

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Knox,
did you already checked if SELinux is enabled in your system (# sestatus -v)?

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Knox Lively -

Hey Matteo,

Thanks for your response, SELinux is actually not even installed don this machine, and AppArmor is disabled as well.

In reply to Knox Lively

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Knox, minimum requirements for running Moodle 2.6 is MySQL 5.1.33, whilst your server having 5.0.96, even if you manage to get rid of error regarding connection, you'll be stuck again when Moodle checks for environment.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Knox Lively -

Ahhh, thank you, not sure how I missed this.  Will try to upgrade it and see if that gets me anywhere, if not then at least I've taken care of that.

Thanks again!

In reply to Usman Asar

by Knox Lively -

I have sense upgraded to MySQL v5.1.73, still having the same issues but at least within the desired environment.

In reply to Knox Lively

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I can only think of one issue being enabling MySQLi driver in php.ini file, as though I have found traces of MySQLi in PHP 5.3.17 too, but it has to be compiled to get it working.

In reply to Knox Lively

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Knox,
did you already try to create a phpinfo(); test page to see what actually are the extensions loaded by PHP?
That error in Moodle should mean that you don't have the mysqli extension loaded within your PHP: have you installed php53-mysql*?

HTH,
Matteo

* Below the supposed files in the php53-mysql package:

/etc/php5/conf.d/mysql.ini
/etc/php5/conf.d/mysqli.ini
/etc/php5/conf.d/pdo_mysql.ini
/usr/lib64/php5/extensions/mysql.so
/usr/lib64/php5/extensions/mysqli.so
/usr/lib64/php5/extensions/pdo_mysql.so
In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Knox Lively -

Matteo, 

I have created a phpinfo test page, installed "php54-mysql", as well as added mysqli.so (full path) to my php.ini file.  Also, when running "php -m" it shows the mysql(i) modules loaded.  I even created a db test script in php, with the credentials, username, and database name I am able to successfully connect to the db.  Despite all of this the problem still resides.

Thanks for your help,

Knox

In reply to Knox Lively

by Matteo Scaramuccia -

Hi Knox,
sorry for my late reply: are you sure that the Moodle instance sees the same PHP conf of your test page? Could you move the same test page in the same folder where you've deployed the Moodle files?

I'm running out of ideas.

TIA,
Matteo

In reply to Knox Lively

by olly zappa -

I have this same issue. 

---------------------

---------------------

olly zappa

moodle.org

2wheelsmartscootereviews.com