Lots of white space in SCORM player

Lots of white space in SCORM player

by Jamie Muir -
Number of replies: 10

Hello!

When I open a SCORM activity there is a lot of white space around the content. It's been published at a resolution where it should take up most of the screen and dynamically resize if the browser resolution is changed. I can tell it's limited by the 'box' around the content. 

I've had a look around and seen the theme could be causing issues, we're using the 'essential' theme.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

Attachment White Space SCORM player.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamie Muir

Re: Lots of white space in SCORM player

by John D. Black -

That sounds a lot like this issue in the Moodle Tracker.

In reply to John D. Black

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

although - it's just as likely that your theme contains some padding that is being added within that window - so not a bug with Moodle, but a bug with your theme.

In reply to Jamie Muir

by Sam Stevens -

Hi Jamie,

Try adding this custom css to your theme's settings. Often this is nothing to do with the theme you are using but to do with Divs being allocated by moodle.

body#page-mod-scorm-player { padding-top: 0px;}

#scormtop { display: none; }

This will remove the scorm top which contains the activity name and course structure in player items. Even if you turn those off moodle still leaves the div there. It is just blank. So you end up with blank space.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Sam Stevens

by Julia Kirby -

Hi,

I have a similar issue.  I just updated my theme to Moodlerooms' Snap for better device compatibility.  However, my SCORM packages shrunk when i did this.  I've tried resizing the frame but nothing I do seems to make it budge.  And, instead of white space on the top of and below the SCORM player there is a bunch of beige space.  The color is not one that is suppose to be part of my theme so I'm a bit confused as to why it's showing up there.  I tried the custom CSS, but this didn't do anything.  Any other suggestions?

In reply to Julia Kirby

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

it is probably coming from your SCORM package rather than Moodle - Many packages that were created using older versions of Articulate used to do this, if you update your version of Articulate to the latest version then export the SCORM package again that can fix it.

Alternatively I've been playing around with an idea that would allow us to inject custom css directly into a SCORM package to allow an admin to fix SCORM package display issues that are caused by the structure of the SCORM package but there's no useful code yet. My notes are on the tracker issue MDL-50401 if you have anyone that understands code they might find the ideas useful.

In reply to Sam Stevens

by Jamie Muir -

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the response - I've asked one of our developers to give it a whirl and see if it fixes it. Will report back!

Cheers,

Jamie

In reply to Sam Stevens

by Richard Trout -

Sam

Thanks, your custom CSS worked for me on Moodle 3.1 using Udutu SCORM's. I've found multiple questions on this, so wanted to acknowledge yours was the simplest that worked for me.

In reply to Jamie Muir

by antony krstic -

Hi Jamie

As per Sams comment I think she is on to something.

I believe your theme 'essential' is based on bootstrap 3 and uses class="container-fluid maintenance" within the main-content section.

if you add in the below to the custom CSS section the theme it should override the essential theme and force the main content to 100%

#page.container-fluid.maintenance {max-width: 100%}

This may however cause other pages to be 100% but it should fix the SCORM popup player

-Antony 

In reply to Jamie Muir

by Vernon Spain -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Old post but it bugged me until recently. The code we used for (Essential theme with iSpring) is below. You can apply it site wide or use Generico to apply it via a lable on that page only.

You will need to change this code if you use a different scorm packager (or maybe even a different version of Essential?)

hth

Vernon

body#page-mod-scorm-player { padding-top: 0px;

}

#scormtop { display: none; }

.universal {

overflow: hidden;

top: 1px!important;

margin-top: 0px!important;

}

#page-mod-scorm-player #scormpage #scorm_object {

border: none;

width: 98%;

height: 88%!important;

background-color: #fff!important;

}

#page-mod-scorm-player #scormpage #scorm_content {

height: 88%!important;

}

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Vernon Spain

by Sandeep Kankatala -

Thanks Vernon.

Your CSS solved the problem we are having in Clean theme.