Error writing to database... {Moodle 2.5.9}

Error writing to database... {Moodle 2.5.9}

by Germain Mesureur -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

(Reposting this here as there were no replies in the general forum, hoping this is the right place!)

I'm getting the following error when I try to add an activity to a course on my server. I'm using Moodle 2.5.9. Everything seems to be working fine apart from that, and I did manage to add 1 "Choice" activity when I first set up the server a few days ago. That activity works fine, too. I'm pretty sure I've not change any setting, and I have not gone in the php or mysql things...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Germain

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Debug info: Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.
INSERT INTO course_modules (course,module,instance,visible,visibleold,groupmode,groupingid,groupmembersonly,showdescription,added) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
[array (
0 => '4',
1 => 5,
2 => 0,
3 => '1',
4 => '1',
5 => '0',
6 => '0',
7 => 0,
8 => 0,
9 => 1429356638,
)]
Error code: dmlwriteexception
Stack trace:
  • line 428 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 1089 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1131 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 1291 of /course/lib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 89 of /course/modlib.php: call to add_course_module()
  • line 269 of /course/modedit.php: call to add_moduleinfo()
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Germain Mesureur

Re: Error writing to database... {Moodle 2.5.9}

by Just H -

See this thread.

In reply to Just H

Re: Error writing to database... {Moodle 2.5.9}

by Germain Mesureur -

Thanks!

I tried, but since I got a "#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation", I assume I can't run that command on the rental server I use... I'll get in touch with tech support, but I'm not hopeful.

Thanks, anyway!

Germain