ElIS - unlink class instance

ElIS - unlink class instance

by John Mallon -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am attempting to unlink a series of ELIS class instances from Moodle courses using a spreadsheet but do not know what the column title should be or what value to put in the cell itself. I tried just removing the names of the moodle courses from the spreadsheet I originally used to create the links and re-uploading but this has not worked.

Can anyone shed any light on how to unlink moodle courses from class instances in bulk so that I don't have to do this one at a time?

Many thanks,

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Mallon

Re: ElIS - unlink class instance

by Brent Boghosian -

You could use the Remote-Learner DataHub plugin to accomplish this.

On github: remotelearner moodle-local_datahub.git

Your course.csv file would have the following format:

action,context,idnumber,link
update,class,ClassInstanceIDnumber,MoodleCourseShortname

For more information on DataHub or ELIS - see: http://rlcommunity.remote-learner.net/mod/book/view.php?id=75&chapterid=1137

In reply to Brent Boghosian

by Brent Boghosian -

This however, won't allow unassignment of the Moodle Course only re-assignment as the link field must be a valid Moodle Course shortname or auto - the latter to create a Moodle Course from ELIS Course Description Moodle Course template.

The latest releases of ELIS Program (2.7.7.1 & 2.8.5.1) now supports deleted MoodleCourse references and after re-assignment (in those versions only) you could delete the MoodleCourse.

In reply to Brent Boghosian

by John Mallon -
Hi Brett,
Thank you for your response. What I had hoped was to be able to deactivate the link to the courses, because, rather than setting up a new Moodle course to link my new class instances to, I simply reset the existing course. Now, when my users look at their archived learning plan, the archived class instance is still linking to the now-reset course.

I don't know if there is any way to remove this link, other than manually removing from each class instance one at a time?
Regards,
John