Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location More information about this error

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location More information about this error

by zizo zizo -
Number of replies: 10
Dear All, This message appears when i want to add any new mod or block or theme to my moodle "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location More information about this error " Note : i check version compatibility Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to zizo zizo

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location More information about this error

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Turn debugging on and see what that message appears.  Report back with Moodle version, and how exactly you are trying to install and what step you get the message at.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location More information about this error

by zizo zizo -

I turn debugging to normal and get only same message "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location " when i need to add portal theme . i think this problem started when i tried to add googleoauth2 into auth folder . i deleted it to solve problem to continue with portal theme the same message appears

In reply to zizo zizo

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to turn debugging to Full Developer - that should give you more information.  So you are not installing through the add plugin interface?  Just manually adding the folders? 

What version of Moodle are you using?  Do you see this on every page?

by zizo zizo -

Many thanks,

I install plugins manually by uploading folders 

this error after turn debug to full developer

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown component location

Debug info: theme_bootstrap
Error code: codingerror
Stack trace:
  • line 514 of /lib/classes/update/deployer.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 163 of /lib/classes/update/deployer.php: call to core\update\deployer->component_writable()
  • line 1334 of /admin/renderer.php: call to core\update\deployer->deployment_impediments()
  • line 909 of /admin/renderer.php: call to core_admin_renderer->plugin_available_update_info()
  • line 221 of /admin/renderer.php: call to core_admin_renderer->plugins_check_table()
  • line 417 of /admin/index.php: call to core_admin_renderer->upgrade_plugin_check_page()

i deleted the foldr of theme but still error

Moodle is 2.6

Thanks

In reply to zizo zizo

by Emma Richardson -

Randomly deleting folders is not always the way to go!  When did the error start appearing and what did you do prior to it appearing?  Have you recently upgraded or added a new theme?

Bootstrap is a core theme in Moodle - it will need replaced.  You best bet at this point is probably to reinstall the moodle files or upgrade.  If you are on a hosted server, you should be able to backup to before you did whatever you did to cause this in the first place!

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Minor correction Emma - bootstrap isn't a core theme in Moodle, you are thinking of bootstrapbase smile bootstrap is Bas Brand's alternative bootstrap3 theme - it is required for some other themes as a parent though, so if using any of those themes it would need to be replaced.

@zizo - your original error message 'Unknown component location' suggests one of your plugins is in the wrong folder and not where it expects to be. If you have deleted the theme folder but its still referred to in the error message, you probably need to purge all caches to ensure it is cleared

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Emma Richardson -

Thanks for catching that! 

by zizo zizo -

Thanks

I uploaded bootstrap folder theme again and every thing is OK . but i can not change the theme from theme selector page . i find empty page ever debug on or off and after clear caching

In reply to zizo zizo

by zizo zizo -

Sorry . i can not change the theme from theme selector page . i find empty page ever debug on or off and after clear caching

In reply to zizo zizo

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Then there is a problem with one of your themes. Although I'm surprised that there is nothing reported even with developer level debugging turned on :/

Have you recently added or edited one of the themes? If so that is probably the theme where the issue exists.

Assuming you don't know which theme is causing this problem, the only solution I can think of at the moment is to uninstall each theme (using the plugins overview page to uninstall it properly and then removing the folder), other than the core ones, clearing cache each time until you find which one is causing the problem in the theme selector page.