As far as possible I've tried to find solutions to the issues I have but I'm just not finding the solutions I'm looking for. I've completely wrecked our sandbox a few times trying this and that. I also think I don't always have the terminology right when searching for solutions.
So I thought I'd reach out and explain in layman's terms what I'm looking for.
A bit of background of how we are using Moodle:
We're a non-profit/charity delivering services to persons with disabilities. The bulk of our training is various internal medications related training, this is delivered to roughly 1000 people; and compliance training delivered to roughly 1600 people.
After care workers have completed medications related training, the training remains relevant for 1 or 2 years, after which they will either do "refresher" training every 1 - 2 years OR they will redo the training course again. The compliance training is the same. This needs to reflect as a separate event of some kind. We need to have a track record of when they've completed the same training over.
Currently our two biggest issues:
- - Objective: When a student has been enrolled they get an email sent to them telling them this. A link to the course would be great.
- Issue: We don't want any kind of self-enrolment so the solutions out there don't seem to support the admin doing all the tasks.
- Current workaround: Don't have one. Currently sending a manual email notification.
- - Objective: Our internal courses are valid for 1 or 2 years.
- Issue: I don't seem to find a solution to make their yearly training to expire somehow in an efficient way.
- Current workaround: Set user enrolment duration for 365 or 730, and set a notification a month before this event. Haven't figured out how I'm going to get them automatically enrolled into a refresher or redo the course (new entry).
I hope I've explained my situation well enough, however I'm sure you can see it's not the usual way of using Moodle. Any suggestions are welcome.