paypal payment for course

paypal payment for course

by Robert Skolnick -
Number of replies: 4

hello

if this question has been answered please just post a link to the answer.. I tried to find and did not find one.

I have a free school for programming. newcobug.com/school. We offer our courses for free. if the student wants a certificate there is a fee, if the student wants grades and Teacher input, There is a fee.

I would like to add the following setup

Course material no grades, no certificate, Community forum help . cost   Free

Course material , grades , certificate , community forum help. cost  donation amount

Course material , grades , certificate , private teacher help. cost  donation amount

i imagine that there would be 3 roles and 3 tiers of payment. is there a way to set this up in Moodle or is there a plugin required to do this, or custom programming.

Please help. Being new to Moodle i am a little confused as to how to set up.

Thank you

Robert Skolnick

New COBOL Users Group

newcobug.com

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Skolnick

Re: paypal payment for course

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm not aware of anything that will do this - certainly not in core Moodle.

I imagine that you are looking at some development to link an eCommerce app (e.g. Woocommerce) to the required course and role within Moodle. Not massively complex, but I doubt you will find anything off the shelf as your requirement sounds very specific.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Robert Skolnick -

hello

First thank you for your prompt answer..

question is there a way to control access to course material by role.

or would it be easier just to create 3 different courses each with specific course offerings.

In reply to Robert Skolnick

by Andy Chaplin -

Hi Robert

If I was doing this, I would set it up as three courses.  That way you could use one payment system but with different prices for different courses and you could tailor the content of the courses accordingly.  There are payment plugins for Moodle, but choosing one depends on how you want to accept payments.

Further you would then have three categories of courses - free, partial support, full support - and you don't have to get involved in roles.  It would certainly make the course creation much easier.

Good luck with the set up!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andy Chaplin

by Robert Skolnick -

Hi Andy

Thank you for your response.

I came to the same conclusion after asking the question. It was a little more complicated in my mind,,, Glad you simplified the scenario.

Your suggestion is exactly what i need to do and at the same time making it simple.

Thanks again Yes smile

Robert Skolnick

New COBOL Users Group