Accessing moodle thru public (static) IP address

Accessing moodle thru public (static) IP address

by Surendra Kumar Varshney -
Number of replies: 2

I installed moodle on a server on internal network and has local ip assigned to 192.168.1.9. server name is elearn.test.edu.om. DNS entry is there for this server in domain controller. elearn.test.edu.org has an entry in public DNS of service provider (A record for elearn.test.edu.org with public ip say 88.50.2.200)

When we access this server on intranet by elearn.test.edu.org/moodle the host name is changed to local ip address i.e. 192.168.1.9. We have made the changes in config.php for wwwroot to http://elearn.test.edu.org/moodle'. Even same is happening. How to solve this problem?

If we access from outside i.e. thru internet we getting resource might have moved or removed.

Can someone help me to overcome this problem.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Surendra Kumar Varshney

Re: Accessing moodle thru public (static) IP address

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

We've done the same - internal DNS entry, but using Forefront and external DNS for moodle to be externally accessible.

Try putting another site on the server, e.g. /testsite/, with a plain Hello World index.html, and see what happens internally and externally.

If that doesn't work, then it's not moodle's fault. But it at least narrows down where the problem lies.

In reply to Surendra Kumar Varshney

Re: Accessing moodle thru public (static) IP address

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It sounds like you have not updated your config.php file in Moodle.  You need to change the url in there to reflect the dns name.