TinyMCE has stopped working

TinyMCE has stopped working

by Christopher Britt -
Number of replies: 8

Hi all,

I tried in general help but no joy sad

Anyway I have Moodle 2.6, hosted on hostgator and I´m windows 7, 64 bit, info over ;)

I need to edit add and modify various pages and TinyMCE has disappeared and left me with HTML only, I don´t / can´t  work in this so I need MCE back and working.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance

Chris

PS Idiot proof, step by step answer please ;)

Attachment mOODLEvEIW.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Britt

Re: TinyMCE has stopped working

by Paula Clough -

Christopher,

Are you an admin on your site?  If so, check to make sure the tiny MC text editor is selected in your Site Administration Section. The eye needs to be showing.   Here is link to info.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Christopher Britt -

Hello Paula,

Thanks for your response.

Since posting this it all started to work again but an hour ago it went back to not being able to do anything! Which is not good news when you are trying to load course, information and develop the site.

TTFN

Chris

by Patric Lougheed -

All the joys of running Moodle on a shared host! It could be the zlib compression settings in PHP causing this but it is usually not sporadic. I have seen editors fail because of excessive requests to the server when trying to load all the scripts. Could be PHP memory is maxed out as well.

If you right click on the editor box and select "Inspect Element" you will see a browser console which report all kinds of things going on in the background. There might be some errors reported there that can give you some clues.

In reply to Patric Lougheed

by Christopher Britt -

Dear Patric,

Thanks for the advice but having done that it´s a language I don´t understand sad

TTFN

Chris

In reply to Patric Lougheed

by Christopher Britt -

OK it´s a conflict of something on my PC that is causing the problem but what and where is now the question ??

ANy idea anyone?

by Christopher Britt -

OK I have removed, Adobe air, Abobe and Java and it´s still the same???????

I really cant think what else it could be

Attachment Programs2.PNG
Attachment ProgramsIstalled1.PNG

by Christopher Britt -

STRESSED smile  It´s working on the Laptop / netbook but not the PC, I´ve tried copying the programs that I have on each but as of yet no joy sad

TTFN

Chris

by Christopher Britt -

OK, it´s a cache problem and if I want to edit or create a new doc I have to clear cahe history before the toolbar appears and I can do some work!

Any idea anyone?

TTFN

FRUSTRATED Chris