Calculate Question -two formulas but see only one answer

Calculate Question -two formulas but see only one answer

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Translators

Hello

I hope someone can help us .

We set a calculate question with two formulas so there is going to be two answers which will be display to the students, but we see only the 1st answer of the 1st formula and not the second (see images attached) although in the setting page we can see  in every set (we set 50 sets) that everything there is proper and has 2 answers.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachment calculate-1.png
Attachment calculate-2-2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: Calculate Question -two formulas but see only one answer

by Douglas Broad -

I believe you may be misinterpreting.  There is only one answer box for a calculated question.  The second answer is an alternative in case there could be 2 or more fully or partially right answers.  The question checks the student answer against each answer formula.  That way you can award partial credit if the student got close and  provide several wrong ways to work the problem along with feedback that explains why that is the wrong way to work it.  For problems where there is more than one right answer, you could work it both ways and provide 100% credit for both.

There is another question type that allows what you want.

In reply to Douglas Broad

by Mohd Zahid -

Hi,

I am having the same problem when designing a Physics question which have more than 1 answers. Is there any way I can have a calculated question with multiple right answers

In reply to Mohd Zahid

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes.

When you create the question, you have have multiple answers that give 100% grade.