CentOS 7 SSO -- Please help!

CentOS 7 SSO -- Please help!

by Calvin Bu -
Number of replies: 2

Hello All,

I am in the process to move my Moodle servers farm from Windows to Linux. I chose to CentOS 7 because I would like to utilize the GFS2 file system to cluster MoodleDataRoot folder to support multiple web front-end servers in the loaded balance situation.

I have successfully configured LDAP to interactive with Windows 2008 R2 AD servers to pull users information, but I can't figure out how to configure Samba & Winbind to work with SSO. 

Any members out there who use CentOS and successfully configured SSO, please give me with the instructions. 

I did install the following packages in my CentOS server: samba-common, samba-client, samba-winbind, samba-winbind-clients and pam-krb5.

I can't be able to locate this "mod_ntlm_winbind.so" module in my server per Moodle NTLM authentication documentation

<IfModule !mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.c> LoadModule auth_ntlm_winbind_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.so </IfModule>

Thank you for your help!

Cal

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Calvin Bu

Re: CentOS 7 SSO -- Please help!

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Moodle Docs info you've provided looks like info for Ubuntu.

Don't run a CentOS 7 yet (do run 5/6) and don't think this would change in 7, but ...

Anyway ... check out /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/ directory.

It is a 64 bit box, right?

and, for future use, if the Moodle doc is for Ubuntu, one might still be able to do with CentOS 5,6,7 by locating files.   While there are multiple ways of doing so (depending), this command will help:

find / -name [nameoffiletofind]

What's returned, if the file is found, is the full path to the file.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: CentOS 7 SSO -- Please help!

by Calvin Bu -

Ken,

Thank you very much for your responding!

After doing more research, I need to run "yum install mod_auth_ntlm_winbind" to to get the needed module.

Thanks,
Cal