You are already logged in as admin, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

You are already logged in as admin, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Oktay Alizada -
Number of replies: 9

Dears,
Every time when I go to courses I am getting the following 
Please help to fix this issue
Thank you

Oktay Alizada

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oktay Alizada

Re: You are already logged in as admin, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Robert Brenstein -
Is it possible that you use the same login as admin and as teacher or student?
In reply to Robert Brenstein

Re: You are already logged in as admin, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Oktay Alizada -

Dear Robert,
It was working till the date when I posted here. Yes it is possible to use it as teacher and student.
Suddenly, no matter which login I use to get into system(actually if I login as teacher for module I cannot download anything) the system give me the error as :  You are already logged in as teacher, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Milton Reales -
Hi..

I have the same problem. But i dont know how to fix it? Please help me with this. Thank you

by Peter Sorrentino -

Add me to the list of people with this problem.  I can not click a link to any other file, such as a pdf I loaded.  These files have been in moodle for years.  This seems to be a new problem.  

???  

By the way, I just installed 3.0.4, but I did  so in part because I started having this problem with my existing 2.2.3.  So I have the problem with both installs.  This seems like it should be simple, and I usually solve my own problems, I'm really confused.  The install all looks like, all php files are as installed, none hacked or no viruses, etc.  

Thanks

In reply to Peter Sorrentino

by John Baker -
I am having a similar problem. I am at a loss to fix it, but I have found a work around to get files.

In the interest of finding an answer, I went through a great many steps, all unsuccessfully. 

Maybe there is a common denominator with regards to what hosting we are using. I'm using Blue Host. What service are you using.

Here was my workaround:

In the interest of making sure I have safe copy of my most important files, I successfully tried the following

In the interest of helping others who might get into this mess, here is how I recovered the files on my site:

1.       Click the edit button next the file

2.       Click Settings

3.       Click Appearance

4.       Click Force Download

5.       Click Save and Display (the file will download and you can save it)

6.       Repeat this procedure for every file you want to save.

Please note that this procedure does not fix the problem and the teacher and the student will still get the “You are already logged in as “your name”, you need to log out before logging in as different user. “ error if they click the main file link.  This is just a way for the manager/teacher to recover files. It’s just a way to download a safe copy.

I've put this here in the hopes of helping others who are having similar difficulties :>

The larger problem still remains, but I'm feeling a little safer having the files backed up.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Baker

by Milton Reales -

Thank you for your message....  it helped to me..

You are right.. i am using Bluehost, and have the same problem.. 

Thank you 

In reply to John Baker

by Akhilesh Singh -

hi john baker

my problem is same when i am clicking the link of pdf file in assignment  it displayed the above msg you are already logged in ...  

but when i see your solution, I try to do buy not able to find the option of file module administration, so please suggest me how to find the option to use your suggestion. 

thanks ...

In reply to John Baker

by sreeraj a -

Dear team 

I do faced same issue, I am not able to download the document even i am logged in as an administrator.

even after changing the appearance to force download i am not able to download the document.i am getting same error "You are already logged in as admin, you need to log out before logging in as different user.".

I am using Moodle 3.1.2 (Build: 20160912). And this problem is not there in the previous version.

use previous versions is the only one solution infront of me.

Please provide some solution to resolve it ASAP.