Display debug messages = off, seeing errors anyway?

Display debug messages = off, seeing errors anyway?

by Jennifer Dixey -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Moodlers!

In Site Administration/Development/Debugging, the Display debug messages setting is set to Off/unchecked. So: Debug messages, errors or warnings should be written to the logs, as I want them to be for troubleshooting purposes, but no errors/warnings should be displayed to the screen, regardless of the Debug messages level setting. Is that correct? 

And is that also still correct, even if the SMTP debugging (Debug email sending) is set to On/checked (with Display debug messages still set to Off/unchecked)? I've had some strange instances in the last 24 hours of seeing error messages displayed onscreen, even with Display debug messages set to Off. It was only happening if the Debug messages setting was other than NONE or if SMTP/Debug email sending was set to On. I now have all debug messages including SMTP set to off, but I'm wondering if it's possible for me to use these tools without creating an inadvertent display of error messages to the screen.

~ Jennifer

Edited to add:

Moodle 2.7 (Joule version, Moodlerooms hosted)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennifer Dixey

Re: Display debug messages = off, seeing errors anyway?

by Jason Hardin -

Jennifer,

As aMoodlerooms client you can put in a support ticket and request your Engagement Manager's assistance with the issue. Our support staff wil take a look and help resolve this.

In reply to Jason Hardin

Re: Display debug messages = off, seeing errors anyway?

by Jennifer Dixey -

Hi Jason, thank you for your reply. I did submit a ticket to Moodlerooms about this. Sent you a PM with more details!

If anyone else has ever seen this happen, I'd be really interested to hear about it.