Move lesson answers to top of page?

Move lesson answers to top of page?

by Tina Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Using the lesson module....I think that's the right term....I'm creating an interactive lesson....and I don't like that the answer is on the bottom, and they have to scroll down to find it...they may think they were just taken to the same page.  Is there a way to move that answer to the top so it's obvious that they've answered? I'm sure it would be done in the code, but I don't know where to start looking or how to access.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tina Smith

Re: Move lesson answers to top of page?

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Tina,

I don't think there's any front-end setting to change where the feedback to a question within a Lesson is displayed. It is at the bottom under the question, as you've found out.

One way to prevent students from getting confused is to keep a question page small. How about including only the question and the response choices? This way the feedback (after the question is attempted) can probably be seen even on a laptop screen without the scroll bar.

I think keeping a question page small is also good for reducing cognitive burden, compared to presenting students with a lot of content and then a question all on one page.

Ravi

In reply to Tina Smith

Re: Move lesson answers to top of page?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Tina -would it help if you used content pages for your questions instead of question pages (if they are simple multiple choice questions)?