[2.8]Gradebook history makes Moodle crash

[2.8]Gradebook history makes Moodle crash

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In Moodle 2.8 there's a new tab called grade book history.

We have been running Moodle for almost 10 years now, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But, if I click the grade history tab, Moodle starts loading something and never wakes up. At all.

A related issue might be that we can't alter grades. Every time we try, we get the message that the grade book has been altered by someone else, even though this is not the case.

Is there a relation between these problems?

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

Re: [2.8]Gradebook history makes Moodle crash

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you go to admin and turn debug to developer and see if it shows any more error messages. Turn it off once you have tested as it may output other errors for other users.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Our Moodle hoster is checking the problem out already. Right now the grade history is not available to us.

What I really want to know is if others have problems as well. Particullarly people that have a large Moodle install with lots of history (ours is running since 2006)

by Dennis Mix -

Same problem here. We have a lot of history. It looks like it cannot handle the large amount of data.

by Dennis Mix -

Same problem here. We have a lot of history. It looks like it cannot handle the large amount of data.