Help, I need a hand here please...Upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5.2. Wont upgrade, just installs.

Help, I need a hand here please...Upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5.2. Wont upgrade, just installs.

by Jay S -
Number of replies: 3
I have followed all the steps.

I am using a test db for all of this, so i had to export the db and import it. FYI I had to use bigdump.php (great script) since the sql file was huge.

Now I hanged some varibles in the config.php (from 1.4.2) to make sure all the settings are correct for the test site.

The moodle_data directory is in place, with all of it's course and with a mysql folder in it which for some reason has a sql file in it that does nothing.

So... I go to moodle/admin and it installs. It says it's upgrading a table here and there. But the kicker is when it asks me to name my site, set the varibles, create an admin account and then shows me my brand new empty moodle.

What the HELL! am I doing wrong here folks, I want all my courses, all my users, all my data to be the same.

Another bad thing is that I cant even see the courses when I go to restore, I can only see course 1 the freaking brand new instalation of moodle with a few old files from my prev ver.1.4.2. Which means that my path is correct to moodle_data.

Need some serious help here.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay S

Re: Help, I need a hand here please...Upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5.2. Wont upgrade, just installs.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Why did you export and then import the db? Certainly doing a backup before upgrading is prudent but that's all. As long as you copy over your existing config.php to the new files it should just work.....
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Help, I need a hand here please...Upgrading from 1.4.2 to 1.5.2. Wont upgrade, just installs.

by Jay S -
Because I am moving the system to a new location and new DB
In reply to Jay S

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Mmm... try moving the database and installing the old 1.4.2 version first. Does *that* work?

I know it's a pain to do that, but it might give a clue.