Gone?

Gone?

by Vijay Kumar Adhikari -
Number of replies: 4
Have you guys stopped working on attendance? Is it gone for all?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vijay Kumar Adhikari

Re: Gone?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yep.  sad   It wasn't suited to being an activity module.

But someone was working on a Block to replace it!  Not sure what happened to that.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Waleed Jameel -
Martin, my team of developers have been working on an attendance module that we hope will benefit the Moodle community.

We should be releasing it by the end of the week at most.

Thanks!

-Waleed
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by John Eberl -
I am sorry to hear this. I am required to do attendance reports, and for one hundred students it is a very time consuming process. I simply need to have a login or click on a specified location marked as present (in a set time interval). I'm surprised there isn't a broad enough need for this that it shouold be put somewhere. It isn't so  much a matter of grading attendance as it is documenting for bureaucrats! Are there any downloadable options? For me, this is a rather important matter!
In reply to John Eberl

by Tim Allen -
A little searching goes a long way!  wink

BTW, I suggest you stick with the very first version of the block in that thread - the following ones are bug-ridden and unstable.  Choose the oldy but the goody.

I agree that there needs to be a more professional solution, but this block is a good interim measure.

Tim.