Help with customizing layout/CSS

Help with customizing layout/CSS

by steven lyons -
Number of replies: 1
First, I have read this: http://docs.moodle.org/wiki/Themes/ThemesBasics/#A_Theme_Using_a_Parent_Theme_.28faked.29
It is more of a white paper than a tutorial that clearly explains how to get to the various CSS elements. I have spent 2 hours combing through source of my Moodle pages and I am still confused as to where to find everything.

Do any of you theme builders want to take a crack at a simple 1, 2, 3 description of where I would modify the CSS to do the following (I am starting with the theme called 'standard logo'):

-General layout: Modify margins or padding to add white space within all the blocks and at the top of each page.

-Add a CSS background-image that tiles (repeat-x) across the top of the window for every page in the site.

-Change the font. color and font size for the main header and all the body text.

-Block Headers: Use images for the header of each block, instead of the background gradient plus text.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to steven lyons

Re: Help with customizing layout/CSS

by Betty Hagood -

I can't answer your questions directly, as I am here to ask one as well.  However there is a site that I found to be of great help, including screenshots of pages with which css element is where.  It's MoodleThemes 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using same thread since my question falls under the title:

I have gone over the styles_color.css file up and down, inside and out and cannot find out what I missed so that the right edge of the background has a border all the way down including the footer, and the left side has no border anywhere.

I know I probably need an eye break and it will be obvious.  However, have you ever become obsessed with finding the answer to an error?

Any help appreciated,

b