New Flash theme--> Atacama_1.5 testing --> by Juan Aburto

New Flash theme--> Atacama_1.5 testing --> by Juan Aburto

by Juan Aburto -
Number of replies: 14

hello moodlers,

atacama_1.5 is here www.aburto.net/moodle15/ include flash header

i am currently testing Atacama 1.5 theme for moodle1.5 please look at it, subscribe then i will allow you to be a teacher so we can all find some issues, in the theme styles only.

this is the preview

atacama_15 theme by Juan Aburto

Martin, if you read this please i still need to find a way to include the moodle logo at the bottom, but the way is set up the logo appears at the index page then change to the home site by default, destroying the layout, there must be a way to work out this issue, i just need to know from where i need to change the logo size maybe? or any suggestion? i want to make it right this time, so please i am open to suggestion and point me to the right direction!

thanks Juan

other issues:

see i wanted to place another navigation at the footer that way the user wont scroll all the way up to find the navigation links, some how the footer does not display the home->test->navigation... how can this be posible is it some "if" thing , hope i can get some feedback on this, i think the user should have links at the bottom of the page the same way as what we see at the top!...

and also i was thinking to add flash buttons to the header like: courses, forums or news... any feedback on that?

currently i am working on the tab images for the users profiles...

oh! also how to change the little icon that appears for the site news, at the moments moodle uses the "users" icon (2faces)...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Aburto

Re: New Flash theme--> Atacama_1.5 testing --> by Juan Aburto

by Jamie Pratt -
hi Juan,

I get a 'warning header already sent' warning when I enter your "Themes" course.

Do you have some fallback content for people who don't have Flash installed? I think it is a nice idea to detect whether people have Flash and then if they don't then send them some other content.

On my site http://hindiwallah.com The logo is done with Flash but if people don't have Flash then they are sent a jpg instead. I have written a small FLash sniffer program that checks to see if the user has Flash and stores the version of Flash they have in a session variable. Perhaps I will dig it out and publish it.

Jamie
In reply to Jamie Pratt

by Juan Aburto -

can someone tell me where this error is coming from?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aburton/public_html/moodle15/config.php:238) in /home/aburton/public_html/moodle15/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1842

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aburton/public_html/moodle15/config.php:238) in /home/aburton/public_html/moodle15/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1843

help to fix this errors!

well the problem is not there if you open a new browser window, so got to be some cookie thing i guess..

http://aburto.net/moodle15/login/index.php you try!

In reply to Jamie Pratt

by Juan Aburto -
can you share the script detection?
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
> if you read this please i still need to find a way to include the moodle logo at the bottom, but the way is set up the logo appears at the index page then change to the home site by default, destroying the layout, there must be a way to work out this issue

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are aiming for.  You can modify this link in footer.html :

<p class="homelink"><?php echo $homelink ?></p>

with something like this to not print anything on the homepage, allowing you to include a Moodle reference in some other way:

<?php
    if (empty($homepage)) {  // We are not on homepage
        echo '<p class="homelink">$homelink</p>';
    }
?>

A hack has just occurred to me and now navigation IS possible in the footer in 1.5.  wink  tongueout  These variables from header.html are now also available in the footer.html:

$heading  - the heading of the page
$menu   - the menu if any (sometimes it's the "logged in as" string)
$title - the title of the page
$navigation - the navigation string
$button - a button, if any
$home - true if on home page, otherwise false

The icon that appears for the site news is in fact the Forum icon  ..  wink

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Juan Aburto -

I am using the 2 days ago 1.5, and try  this : <td><?php echo $navigation ?></td>, but no result

Am i have to download the latest 1.5 to get that navigation in the footer?

for the logo yep i am trying to get the navigation and moodle logo inside a <td>

why sometime we get that header error?

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I only did this in the last hour so, yes, you'll need to download a new copy. wink Anonymous CVS may take a whole day to catch up.

The header errors you are getting explain themselves (you could have clicked on the phrase "headers already sent" in your posting too smile) ... you have blank lines in/home/aburton/public_html/moodle15/config.php at line 238. Remove them and all will be OK.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Juan Aburto -

thanks! i'll download the latest and test it..

oops.. i'll use it more often the glosary..

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan Aburto -

Great now is working, please check! www.aburto.net/moodle15

all nav header and footer ok..

but when on courses "loginas" desapear... why?

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan Aburto -
ok sorry all done now working 100%
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan Aburto -

Download atacama theme here

please click at the top right corner of this post -->

also you can download 1.4+ themes Matias_Lautaro and Nahuel_Brown here

or preview and download PLOMO files theme here

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Faelmar Tañada -

Hello Juan.

Thanks for the great themes you have been sharing in the MOODLE community.

Just want to ask, is there by any chance an upgrade of your Nahuel Green theme from MOODLE 1.4 to 1.5?

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Bill Miller -

Very Impressive!

I also wish to add a flash animation with sniffer and non-flash back-up for users without flash.  Maybe even a slide show incorporating various images.  Sound would also be a nice option, "welcome..." with a speaker icon to mute as an option.

Bill in Costa Rica